[Bitcoin-development] Is SourceForge still trustworthy enough to host this list?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Wed Jun 10 18:02:56 UTC 2015

I'll sponsor it, if we agree to implement a HashCash spam filter
in the next 6 months. I've run mail servers for $DAYJOB for 5 or
so years, and I've run my own personal server for the last 14.

Since Bitcoin is a perfectly good HashCash system, I'm thinking a
http://www.courier-mta.org/courierfilter.html filter plugin that
checks to ensure that the required bitcoin fee has been paid, or
better yet included in the message in some standard form.

I'd like to have several other people with linux admin experience
also agree to host live mirrors of the list, which could be switched
over by whomever controls the relevant MX records for the mail list.

What do you think a reasonable per-message fee should be, such that
a couple of independent admins can reasonably expect to be able to
pay $250/month each for their time and server hosting/bandwidth costs?

I also think that anyone who's contributed more than say 10 or 15
commits to https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/graphs/contributors
should be excluded from the pay-with-bitcoin filter, as they have
paid with code. The rest of us should be paying to distribute and
archive their efforts.