[Bitcoin-development] Is SourceForge still trustworthy enough to host this list?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Wed Jun 10 18:47:25 UTC 2015

I think if the consensus is "pay with commits or pay with bitcoin"
we might have a consensus from the people that actually matter very
quickly, because they've already paid ;)

My opinion is the most sustainable solution would be to identify a
team of admins and use something like Digital Ocean's new team accounts
feature and have someone like SolidX contribute funds for the servers
and a few hours a week from one of their sysadmins to the team.

I am dubious of most commercial list-as-a-service providers for the same
reason I am dubious of sourceforge. Market conditions change and then all
of a sudden the fact you're in control of a popular list becomes more
valuable than what your customer is paying you to run the list.

If the list provider can actively help out in encouraging read-only mirrors
of the list archives, then I think we mitigate the above business risk.