[Bitcoin-development] Mining centralization pressure from non-uniform propagation speed

Peter Todd pete at petertodd.org
Fri Jun 12 18:30:54 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 01:21:46PM -0400, Gavin Andresen wrote:
> Nice work, Pieter. You're right that my simulation assumed bandwidth for
> 'block' messages isn't the bottleneck.
>
> But doesn't Matt's fast relay network (and the work I believe we're both
> planning on doing in the near future to further optimize block propagation)
> make both of our simulations irrelevant in the long-run?

Then simulate first the relay network assuming 100% of txs use it, and
secondly, assuming 100%-x use it.

For instance, is it in miners' advantage in some cases to sabotage the
relay network? The analyse say yes, so lets simulate that. Equally even
the relay network isn't instant.

--
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
0000000000000000127ab1d576dc851f374424f1269c4700ccaba2c42d97e778