[Bitcoin-development] Mining centralization pressure from non-uniform propagation speed

Pieter Wuille pieter.wuille at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 18:39:46 UTC 2015

If there is a benefit in producing larger more-fee blocks if they propagate
slowly, then there is also a benefit in including high-fee transactions
that are unlikely to propagate quickly through optimized relay protocols
(for example: very recent transactions, or out-of-band receoved ones). This
effect is likely an order of magnitude less important still, but the effect
is likely the same.