[Bitcoin-development] User vote in blocksize through fees

Eric Lombrozo elombrozo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 20:04:23 UTC 2015

Miners currently only collect an almost negligible portion of their revenue
from fees. While I certainly welcome any proposals that move us in the
direction of defining a smooth metaconsensus process, I think with the
curent economics, miners (and especially those with significant hashing
power) have more of an incentive to block txs/spam their votes than to
adapt to tx sender preferences...unless people increase their tx fees
significantly. But without wallets that can make decent suggestions in this
regard, this feature will be almost inaccessible to most regular users. And
the economics still aren't entirely clear.

- Eric Lombrozo