[Bitcoin-development] comments on BIP 100

Pieter Wuille pieter.wuille at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 10:40:51 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Mike Hearn <mike at plan99.net> wrote:

> Since you keep bringing this up, I'll try to clarify this once again.
>>

> I understand the arguments against it. And I think you are agreeing with
> me - Adam is bemoaning the way developers outsource stuff to third party
> services, and suggesting it is relevant to the block size debate. And we
> are saying, no, it's happening because it's easier than doing things in a
> decentralised way.

The fact that using a centralized service is easier isn't a good reason
IMHO. It disregards the long-term, and introduces systemic risk.

But in cases where using a decentralized approach doesn't *add* anything, I
cannot reasonably promote it, and that's why I was against getutxos in the
P2P protocol.

--
Pieter