[Bitcoin-development] Lost proposals from FellowTraveler/Monetas

Justus Ranvier justus.ranvier at monetas.net
Tue Jun 16 23:44:45 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-16 23:32, Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> Is there any discussion thats been had relating to the BIP-drafts at:

> https://github.com/Open-Transactions/rfc/tree/master/bips

> Fellow Traveler has apparently been waiting 9 months for progress on

> these proposals and I'm trying to find out where the breakdown

> happened. While do not doubt that I am somehow at fault, I can't

> figure out how.

> Searching my email and this list archive for "Base58 Serialization for

> Transaction-Based Color Descriptors" or "Order-based Smart Property

> Coloring" or the draft names bip-ccids, etc. turn up no hits at all.

> I've asked several other people and there list archives show nothing.

The only two proposals we sent to the mailing list were attached to this
post:

http://sourceforge.net/p/bitcoin/mailman/message/32736455/

The rest of the proposals in that respository, as well as those the fork
here:

https://github.com/Monetas/rfc/tree/master/bips

were never submitted because we decided to use alternative identifiers in
leiu of BIP numbers to serve as the purpose code in the HD path.