[Bitcoin-development] questions about bitcoin-XT code fork & non-consensus hard-fork

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Wed Jun 17 03:52:42 UTC 2015

> - How do you propose to deal with the extra risks that come from
> non-consensus hard-forks?  Hard-forks themselves are quite risky, but
> non-consensus ones are extremely dangerous for consensus.

This is a non-issue.

If the hard-fork is not a consensus, then those of us that don't consent
ignore the fool that tried to hard-fork.

If a fool attempting a non-consensus hard-fork actually breaks something,
then you have a fragile system that needs some serious re-thinking.

I think a non-consensus hard-fork would be the best thing that could
happen to the bitcoin ecosystem long-term, because it would force some
re-examination of some very bad assumptions.

Troy Benjegerdes                 'da hozer'                  hozer at hozed.org
7 elements      earth::water::air::fire::mind::spirit::soul        grid.coop

      Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel,
         nor try buy a hacker who makes money by the megahash