[Bitcoin-development] Concerns Regarding Threats by a Developer to Remove Commit Access from Other Developers

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 19:32:43 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 7:24 PM, Matt Corallo <bitcoin-list at bluematt.me> wrote:
> Ive been trying to stay out of these increasingly useless shit-throwing contests, but I wanted to take objection to this... I highly, highly doubt any seriously technical person is making any kind of decision on block size issues based on their own personal network. If you're assuming this is a serious motivating factor for anyone, then I'm not sure you've even been reading your email or listening to the conversations you've had with people over the last year or more.

It's probably due to me: When I point to trends and broadband
_distribution_ in the US (much less the less developed parts of the
world), I'm being "hypothetical", and when I point to my _own_
connectivity as a concrete example it's "personal". It's no joke that
communication is _hard_ but it's a shared responsibility however, and
no need to assume anyone isn't reading.,