[Bitcoin-development] Concerns Regarding Threats by a Developer to Remove Commit Access from Other Developers

Matt Whitlock bip at mattwhitlock.name
Thu Jun 18 21:42:51 UTC 2015

On Thursday, 18 June 2015, at 8:31 pm, Ross Nicoll wrote:
> I may disagree with Mike & Gavin on timescale, but I do believe there's
> a likelihood inaction will kill Bitcoin

An honest question: who is proposing inaction? I haven't seen anyone in this whole, agonizing debate arguing that 1MB blocks are adequate. The debate has been about *how* to increase the block-size limit and whether to take action ASAP (at the risk of fracturing Bitcoin) or to delay action for further debate (at the risk of overloading Bitcoin). Even those who are arguing for further debate are not arguing for *inaction*.