[Bitcoin-development] Mailman incompatibility with DKIM ...

Adam Weiss adam at signal11.com
Sat Jun 20 18:43:31 UTC 2015

It changes the mechanics at least.  A quick glance at RFC(2)822 makes it
clear that this is a pretty weakly specified behavior and is somewhat of an
edge case.  However, rewriting the envelopes has become somewhat prevalent
since strict DMARC has been adopted and I suspect that most recent MUAs
will handle it well.  I know that at least with gmail it works as I would
expect.  (Makes sense considering that this is how Google Groups handles
the problem.)

In any event, I really think it's worth a shot since having the subject and
footer tags is valuable. If it turns out to be problematic, it's not the
end of the world and things could be easily switched to go the lkml route...

--adam