[Bitcoin-development] Question regarding transactions with NLOCKTIME > 0

Braun Brelin bbrelin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 07:10:20 UTC 2015

Hi all,

When a transaction with N_LOCKTIME>0 is created, does that transaction get
stored in a block on the blockchain or is it stored in the mempool until
the actual time (or block number) exceeds the current value?  If it is
stored on the blockchain, how does that affect the concept of pruning that
is supposed to be going in to version 0.11?  I.e. if I create a transaction
that doesn't take effect for 10 years, and that transaction is stored in a
block, does that block stay on the active list for that period of time?

Thanks,

Braun Brelin