[bitcoin-dev] BIP65 / CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY deployment

Tier Nolan tier.nolan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 00:07:48 UTC 2015

It would be possible to run a simplified version of the bits proposal,
until BIP 66 locks.

It's obviously not worth it at this point though, though it could be 1-2
weeks more.

Version 2 means neither option
Version 3 means BIP 66 only
Version 4 means CLTV only
Version 5 means both

If (Version 3 + version 5) > 95%, reject 2 & 4
If (Version 4 + version 5) > 95%, reject 2 & 3

For 2 options at the same time, this isn't much extra overhead.