[bitcoin-dev] Draft BIP : fixed-schedule block size increase

Gavin Andresen gavinandresen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 17:39:58 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Will <will.madden at novauri.com> wrote:

> Make the lazy miners' default choice grow at the hard cap growth rate and
> you should be ok if you want voting.

I think the default block size is an orthogonal issue to the max block size.

HOWEVER: I think changing the default 'target' block size from the current,
fixed 750K to the average of the size of the last N blocks would have some
nice properties. It is policy-neutral (we should get out of the business of
deciding the right block size and let the miners who care drive block size
up or down) and if there are a significant proportion of lazy miners going
with defaults it gives the system a healthy "fee pressure."

Gavin Andresen