[bitcoin-dev] The need for larger blocks

Pieter Wuille pieter.wuille at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 18:12:54 UTC 2015

I am not saying that economic change is what we want. Only that it is
inevitable, independent of whether larger blocks happen or not.

I am saying that acting because of fear of economic change is a bad reason.
The reason for increase should be because of the higher utility. We need it
at some point, but there should be no rush.

I do understand that we want to avoid a *sudden* change in economic policy,
but I'm generally not too worried. Either fees increase and they get paid,
and we're good. But more likely is that some uses just move off-chain
because the block chain does not offer what they need. That's sad, but it
is inevitable at any size: some uses fit, some don't.

--
Pieter