[bitcoin-dev] Draft BIP : fixed-schedule block size increase

Will will.madden at novauri.com
Fri Jun 26 19:07:30 UTC 2015

Moving averages have upsides and downsides vs fixed growth.  Moving averages are backwards looking and don't handle seasonalities or unanticipated increases in demand very well.

Think "Black Friday" or the horribly named "Cyber
Monday" in retail or market hysteria where millions of noobs jump into or out of bitcoin.

If you want to create fee pressure I think this can be done, but I would keep both of these in mind before choosing a value for N.  Adjustments would need to be frequent and nimble enough to handle seasonalities and other unanticipated outliers.