[bitcoin-dev] The need for larger blocks

Wladimir J. van der Laan laanwj at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 12:25:43 UTC 2015

> It was pointed several times before that with enough loud minority you can make any change seem controversial.

Yes, absolutely. Pushing something through despite a loud miniority (certainly a well-informed one with valid reasons) is controversial.

This is not about miniorities and majorities. The *entire network* needs to agree to switch to your new software. If there are months-long heated discussions on every possible forum that is a clear sign that your change is controversial. As Greg Sanders already says, we know one when we see one...

Wladimir