[bitcoin-dev] A Proposed Compromise to the Block Size Limit

Mark Friedenbach mark at friedenbach.org
Sat Jun 27 16:28:26 UTC 2015

I really suggest you look into the layer2 systems Adam pointed to, as you
appear to be misinformed about their properties. There are many proposals
which really do achieve global consensus using the block chain, just in a
delayed (and cached) fashion that is still 100% safe.

It is possible to go off-chain without losing the trustlessness and
security of the block chain.