[bitcoin-dev] A Proposed Compromise to the Block Size Limit

Michael Naber mickeybob at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 17:25:14 UTC 2015

Global network consensus means that there is global network recognition
that a particular transaction has occurred and is irreversible. The
off-chain solutions you describe, while probably useful for other purposes,
do not exhibit this characteristic and so they are not global network
consensus networks.

Bitcoin Core scales as O(N), where N is the number of transactions. Can we
do better than this while still achieving global consensus?