[bitcoin-dev] The need for larger blocks

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Sun Jun 28 15:28:41 UTC 2015

+1 for this  Jorge.
Agreed the majority should not be able to enforce rules over the
minority. But if the majority will just leave and create an altcoin or
whatever, this will leave the remaining minority with a less value (or
even 0 value) product or service. By enforcing some rules agreed by
the majority or supermajority, the minority will be dragged along and
even so with rules they haven't signed up for, they will still have a
product or service which is worth something.

That is why we have to be very careful into deciding this.

This debate is good, there are lots of valid points from smart people
and I am happy to see there is so much interest in this project, and
regardless if the blocksize hard cap will be changed or not I do hope,
if a hardfork will happen, it will also include a smart change that
will allow future changes (requiring hardforks) simpler, with less
headache and risks involved.