[Bitcoin-development] New paper: Research Perspectives and Challenges for Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies

Tim Ruffing tim.ruffing at mmci.uni-saarland.de
Wed Mar 4 12:19:43 UTC 2015

This is great to see.

On Monday 02 March 2015 11:48:24 Andrew Miller wrote:
> One of the main goals of our work is to build a bridge between the
> computer science research community and the cryptocurrency community.
> Many of the most interesting ideas and proposals for Bitcoin come from
> this mailing list and forums/wikis/irc channels, where many academic
> researchers simply don’t know to look!
This is indeed a problem in the research community. Often ideas from here are
just overlooked, and e.g., re-invented or not properly acknowledged. Of
course, this is (in almost all cases) not intentionally. It's just difficult to
keep track of everything.

Your paper is a definitely the right approach to bring the researchers closer
to the Bitcoin community.

Best,
Tim