[Bitcoin-development] Electrum 2.0 has been tagged

Aaron Voisine voisine at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 22:57:43 UTC 2015

I'm not convinced that wallet seed interoperability is such a great thing.
There is a wide variability in the quality and security level of wallet
implementations and platforms. Each new device and wallet software a user
types their seed into increases their attack surface and exposure to flaws.
Their security level is reduced to the lowest common denominator. I see the
need for a "fire exit", certainly, but we must also remember that fire
exits are potential entrances for intruders.

Aaron Voisine
co-founder and CEO
breadwallet.com