[Bitcoin-development] [ANN] METAmarket - Trustless Federated Marketplaces

Marc D. Wood metamarc at metamarket.biz
Sat May 2 15:45:35 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 1, 2015 10:01 pm, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> Is there any relation between this and the work satoshi was putting into
> the core before he left?
>
> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/5253d1ab77fab1995ede03fb934edd6
> 7f1359ba8

Melvin,

This is certainly a similar concept. It is a software for creating markets
with variable levels of privacy and censorship resistance. It is built
directly on top of Bitcoin Core and Bitmessage.

I believe this project to be in the spirit of Satoshi's original plan for
a bitcoin marketplace but it is not the same project, and I certainly am
not Satoshi. :)

Marc D. Wood