[Bitcoin-development] Relative CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY (was CLTV proposal)

Jorge Timón jtimon at jtimon.cc
Tue May 5 19:19:00 UTC 2015

Well, apparently the timestamp can be make compatible with Mark's
nSequence-based RCLTV by adding an additional check at the block level
but I was only explaining the concept using heights (which is the most
interesting part IMO).
I'm also not sure I understood the details and I don't want to confuse
people again, so I'll wait for someone else to explain that part.
ACLTV can work with timestamps too unless I'm missing something. It's
just more complexity and I was never convinced that there's enough use
cases relying on timestamps to justify them. But the timestamp
discussion is quite orthogonal to the nSequence-based RCLTV proposal
itself.