[Bitcoin-development] Block Size Increase

Peter Todd pete at petertodd.org
Thu May 7 14:22:24 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 04:05:41PM +0200, Mike Hearn wrote:
> Peter:   your hypocrisy really is bottomless, isn't it? You constantly
> claim to be a Righteous Defender of Privacy, but don't even hesitate before
> publishing hacked private emails when it suits you.
>
> Satoshi's hacker had no illusions about your horrible personality, which is
> why he forwarded that email to you specifically. He knew you'd use it. You
> should reflect on that fact. It says nothing good about you at all.

As you know I was forwarded that email first, and because I *do* respect
your privacy I consulting with you via private IRC chat first, and as
you wished I didn't publish it. The hacker presumably gave up waiting
for me to do so and published it themselves seven months ago; to make
that clear I linked the source(1) of the email in my message. Those
emails simply are no longer private.

Frankly personal attacks like this - "your hypocrisy really is
bottomless, isn't it?", "Satoshi's hacker had no illusions about your
horrible personality" - simply don't belong on this mailing list and I
think we would all appreciate an apology.

1) https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2g9c0j/satoshi_email_leak/

--
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
000000000000000012a3e40d5ee5c7fc2fb8367b720a9d499468ceb25366c1f3