[Bitcoin-development] Block Size Increase

Ross Nicoll jrn at jrn.me.uk
Thu May 7 18:59:41 UTC 2015

I'm presuming that schedule is just an example, as you'd end up with
insanely large block sizes in a few years.

Absolutely, yes, an increase schedule is an option if people agree on
it, and I think the better option, as the current limit too low, but
jumping straight to a value big enough for "indefinitely" is a huge jump.

Gave some thought to scaling block size based on transaction fees, but
suspect it would end up with miners sending huge fees to themselves with
transactions that aren't relayed (so they only are actioned if they make
it into a block that miner mines) to make the network allow bigger blocks.

Ross