[Bitcoin-development] Long-term mining incentives

Dave Hudson dave at hashingit.com
Tue May 12 16:21:40 UTC 2015

I think proof-of-idle had a potentially serious problem when I last looked at it. The risk is that a largish miner can use everyone else's idle time to construct a very long chain; it's also easy enough for them to make it appear to be the work of a large number of distinct miners. Given that this would allow them to arbitrarily re-mine any block rewards and potentially censor any transactions then that just seems like a huge security hole?

Cheers,
Dave