[Bitcoin-development] Proposed additional options for pruned nodes

gabe appleton gappleto97 at gmail.com
Tue May 12 19:24:20 UTC 2015

0, 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 can be solved by looking at chunks chronologically. Ie,
give the signed (by sender) hash of the first and last block in your range.
This is less data dense than the idea above, but it might work better.

That said, this is likely a less secure way to do it. To improve upon that,
a node could request a block of random height within that range and verify
it, but that violates point 2. And the scheme in itself definitely violates
point 7.