[Bitcoin-development] Long-term mining incentives

Aaron Voisine voisine at gmail.com
Thu May 14 02:34:29 UTC 2015

> I concede the point. Perhaps a flag date based on previous observation of
network upgrade rates with a conservative additional margin in addition to
supermajority of mining power.

It occurs to me that this would allow for a relatively small percentage of
miners to stop the upgrade if the flag date turns out to be poorly chosen
and a large number of non-mining nodes haven't upgraded yet. Would be a
nice safety fallback.

Aaron Voisine
co-founder and CEO
breadwallet.com