[Bitcoin-development] Virtual Notary.

Jonas Schnelli dev at jonasschnelli.ch
Fri May 22 09:00:24 UTC 2015

> * proof of Bitcoin funds (without revealing public addresses or
> fund location on the blockchain)
>
> * proof of Bitcoin address ownership
>
> * proof of Tweet
>
> * proof of real estate value
>
> * proof of DNS ownership
>
> * proof of existence
>
> * proof of web page contents
>
> * proof of weather conditions
>
> The factoids can be recorded on the blockchain (if you pay for the
> transaction with Bitcoin or PayPal), or they can be part of a free
> attestation chain that we maintain. The website provides a
> permanent URL to the factoids it generates; it also provides an
> X.509 certificate that you can download and keep safe in
> perpetuity, independent of the website.

Hi Emin

This is going into the right direction. Well done!
The certificates (X.509/p12) are far more enduser-friendly than just a
normal PoE hash.

Your site needs some UX love and i just tried to OR_RETURN a
Email-Address-Verification. But after creating a 0.0001 tx and waiting
for two confirmations it still said that the payment has not yet been
received. There is probably something broken regarding the bitcoin
payment verification.

The weather and real estate notarization definitively needs a „US
only“ badge somewhere.

Two ideas:
- - Maybe adding a way of decentralize your notary service log via a
opensource p2p daemon (obviously sensitive data should be somehow
encrypted)?
- - Adding a opensource UI app to examine certs (maybe offline capable
with p2p daemon chain as mentioned above). This could prove
independence from your website/service.

</jonas>