[Bitcoin-development] Bitcoin Core 0.9.5 released
Wladimir J. van der Laan
laanwj at gmail.com
Sun May 24 07:47:57 UTC 2015
Bitcoin Core version 0.9.5 is now available from:
This is a new minor version release, with the goal of backporting BIP66. There
are also a few bug fixes and updated translations. Upgrading to this release is
Please report bugs using the issue tracker at github:
How to Upgrade
If you are running an older version, shut it down. Wait until it has completely
shut down (which might take a few minutes for older versions), then run the
installer (on Windows) or just copy over /Applications/Bitcoin-Qt (on Mac) or
bitcoind/bitcoin-qt (on Linux).
Mining and relay policy enhancements
Bitcoin Core's block templates are now for version 3 blocks only, and any mining
software relying on its `getblocktemplate` must be updated in parallel to use
libblkmaker either version 0.4.2 or any version from 0.5.1 onward.
If you are solo mining, this will affect you the moment you upgrade Bitcoin
Core, which must be done prior to BIP66 achieving its 951/1001 status.
If you are mining with the stratum mining protocol: this does not affect you.
If you are mining with the getblocktemplate protocol to a pool: this will affect
you at the pool operator's discretion, which must be no later than BIP66
achieving its 951/1001 status.
- `74f29c2` Check pindexBestForkBase for null
- `9cd1dd9` Fix priority calculation in CreateTransaction
- `6b4163b` Sanitize command strings before logging them.
- `3230b32` Raise version of created blocks, and enforce DERSIG in mempool
- `989d499` Backport of some of BIP66's tests
- `ab03660` Implement BIP 66 validation rules and switchover logic
- `8438074` build: fix dynamic boost check when --with-boost= is used
Thanks to who contributed to this release, at least:
- Alex Morcos
- Cory Fields
- Gregory Maxwell
- Pieter Wuille
- Wladimir J. van der Laan
As well as everyone that helped translating on [Transifex](https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/bitcoin/).
More information about the bitcoin-dev