[Bitcoin-development] Zero-Conf for Full Node Discovery

Kevin Greene kgreenek at gmail.com
Tue May 26 05:12:04 UTC 2015

This is true, but the device doesn't know if the LAN it's on is a safe
network or a hotel wifi, for example. So there would be a tricky UX there.
You'd have to ask the user during set up if this is a trusted LAN or not;
or something like that. That may not be an issue though depending on the
nature of the product. For example, Chromecast doesn't need any security
protections against trolls on the same LAN. I guess it just depends on what
you're planning to build.