[Bitcoin-development] Proposed alternatives to the 20MB step function

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Fri May 29 14:21:02 UTC 2015

> The measure is miner consensus.  How do you intend to measure
> exchange/merchant acceptance?

Asking them.

In fact, we already have. I have been talking to well known people and CEOs
in the Bitcoin community for some time now. *All* of them support bigger
blocks, this includes:

   - Every wallet developer I have asked (other than Bitcoin Core)
   - So far, every payment processor and every exchange company

I know Gavin has also been talking to people about this.

There's a feeling on this list that there's no consensus, or that Gavin and
myself are on the wrong side of it. I'd put it differently - there's very
strong consensus out in the wider community and this list is something of
an aberration.