[Bitcoin-development] Proposed alternatives to the 20MB step function

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Fri May 29 14:22:22 UTC 2015

> And looking at the version (aka user-agent) strings of publicly reachable
> nodes on the network.
> (e.g. see the count at  https://getaddr.bitnodes.io/nodes/ )

Yeah, though FYI Luke informed me last week that I somehow managed to take
out the change to the user-agent string in Bitcoin XT, presumably I made a
mistake during a rebase of the rebranding change. So the actual number of
XT nodes is a bit higher than counting user-agent strings would suggest.

I sort of neglected XT lately. If we go ahead with this then I'll fix
things like this.