[bitcoin-dev] BIP 113: Median time-past is a HARDfork, not a softfork!

jl2012 at xbt.hk jl2012 at xbt.hk
Mon Nov 2 04:27:50 UTC 2015

Currently, a tx maybe included in a block only if its locktime (x) is
smaller than the timestamp of a block (y)

BIP113 says that a tx maybe included in a block only if x is smaller
than the median-time-past (z)

It is already a consensus rule that y > z. Therefore, if x < z, x < y

The new rule is absolutely stricter than the old rule, so it is a
softfork. Anything wrong with my interpretation?

Luke Dashjr via bitcoin-dev 於 2015-11-01 14:06 寫到: