[bitcoin-dev] [BIP] Normalized transaction IDs

Christian Decker decker.christian at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 09:38:03 UTC 2015

This does indeed sound reasonable. The chances of having a cut in the
network consisting of non-upgraded nodes partitioning the network and not
forwarding the segregated witnesses should be minimal, given a long rollout
phase before the activation.

If everybody agrees that this is a better way to approach the normalization
issue we should probably start writing it up and see if we can get critical
mass behind it :-)