[bitcoin-dev] Upcoming Transaction Priority Changes

James Hilliard james.hilliard1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 20:35:05 UTC 2015

The priority space is causing major mempool bloating and GBT latency right
now since many of the free transactions aren't getting mined and cleared
out of the mempool anymore. From my testing setting minrelaytxfee=0.0001 is
not enough to prevent the mempool from getting large during a spam attack,
it is also necessary to set limitfreerelay=0 in order to prevent GBT
latency degradation. Without setting limitfreerelay=0 GBT degrades
significantly for every hour bitcoind is running.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Luke Dashjr via bitcoin-dev <