[bitcoin-dev] Announcing Jonas Schnelli as GUI maintainer

Jonas Schnelli dev at jonasschnelli.ch
Fri Nov 13 08:13:24 UTC 2015

> I'd like to announce Jonas Schnelli as the new GUI maintainer of
> Bitcoin Core.
>
> He's been very active in this area for the last year, as one
> example he redesigned all the icons for 0.11.0, has visualized
> various network statistics, and has been continuously improving the
> user experience. Something Bitcoin Core very much needs, in my
> opinion.
>
> Unofficially he has been giving direction in GUI matters for quite
> a while already, so this only makes it 'official'.
>
> He will be handling GUI related issues on the github tracker, and
> assisting on and merging GUI-related pull requests.
>
> Welcome Jonas to the team!

Thanks Wladimir!

My long term vision for bitcoin-core was always a more user friendly
UI without loosing the security and privacy features bitcoin-core offers
.
However, it has shown that this is relatively hard to achieve. Its
unclear to me, what role wallets (and related UIs) will play in the
future of bitcoin. I think it needs several years until something like
bitcoin can be used to "pay for every coffee in the world" [1].
But I'm happy to explore this path!

That was and is also the reason why I'm often focus on non-UI-related
changes that keep bitcoin healthy and form a more defined role for the U
I.

Short words to myself:
I'm a senior software developer, 35 years old, living in Switzerland
(UTC+1).

Thanks for the trust and I try to give my best to maintain and improve
the GUI.

[1] https://twitter.com/ronmckown/status/643101952763658240