[bitcoin-dev] RFC - BIP: URI scheme for Blockchain exploration

Marco Pontello marcopon at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 02:14:44 UTC 2015

Hi!

To anyone that followed the discussion (from some time ago) about the
proposed new URI for Blockchain references / exploration, I just wanted to
point out that I have collected the feedback provided, reworked the text,
put the BIP on GitHub and created a pull request:

https://github.com/MarcoPon/bips/blob/master/bip-MarcoPon-01.mediawiki
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/202

The need for an URI for this come to mind again in the last days looking at
Eternity Wall, which IMHO provide a use case that we will see more and more
in the (near) future: http://eternitywall.it/
Using that service, when you want to check for the proof that a specific
message was written in the Blockchain, it let you choose from 5 different
explorer.
Mycelium wallet recently added the option to select one of 15 block
explorers.
And there's the crypto_bot on reddit/r/bitcoin that detect reference to
transaction an add a message with links to 7 different explorers.

I think that's clearly something that's needed.

Bye!

--
Try the Online TrID File Identifier
http://mark0.net/onlinetrid.aspx