[bitcoin-dev] [patch] Switching Bitcoin Core to sqlite db

Jorge Timón jtimon at jtimon.cc
Sun Nov 15 11:28:44 UTC 2015

Going back on topic, I believe libconsensus shouldn't depend on any
particular database because assuming it will continue to be stateless
(the current libbitcoinconsensus is stateless) end therefore has no
storage. I know some people disagree in various degrees.
At the same time, the parts of the consensus rules verification that
depends on storage has not been encapsulated out to
libbitcoinconsensus yet, and I agree that changing the database is
unnecessarily risky at this point.
Even when the consensus rules are encapsulated, that doesn't mean that
Bitcoin Core should be DB agnostic or that we can guarantee that it
will follow the longest valid chain with databases that have not been
tested.