[bitcoin-dev] Fwd: Bitcoin Core 0.12.0 release schedule

Marcel Jamin marcel at jamin.net
Thu Oct 1 10:10:45 UTC 2015

> Mostly because we don't use the numbers as a signaling mechanism. They
just count up, every half year.

OK, but then it's not semantic versioning (as btcdrak claims).

> Otherwise, one'd have to ask hard questions like 'is the software mature
enough to be called 1.0.0'

I think the question has already been answered for you by the companies
that build on top of it, the investments being made and the $3.5 billion
market cap. The 1.0.0 tag is probably long overdue.

Then you could start using the version as a signaling mechanism.

> We're horribly stressed-out as is.

Yeah, probably not a very important topic right now.