[bitcoin-dev] BIP Proposal:

Whit Jack whit at whitjack.me
Fri Oct 2 19:03:05 UTC 2015

/* I do not want to make anyone angry, this is sarcasm, if you are not interested, please stop here */

I would like to propose a block size algorithm based off the use of extra unneeded, unwanted data.  I’m looking to see if anyone would be able to help me find potential flaws.

==Abstract==

This BIP proposes replacing the current static blocksize with a 2-part blocksize algorithm to decide on the blocksize balancing power between the miners and users.  I propose an easy to implement solution for reaching consensus based on a number of factors (or variables as you programmy types like to call it).

Transaction volume and buzzword usage have been growing in a heavily correlated way for the past 6 years.  If we were to base the blocksize on the usage of buzzwords, we could grow the blocksize at a reasonable rate to scale with demand.

I have outlined specifics at https://github.com/whitj00/bips/blob/master/bip-whit.mediawiki

Thanks,
Whit