[bitcoin-dev] This thread is not about the soft/hard fork technical debate

Btc Drak btcdrak at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 17:35:53 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 5:56 PM, Mike Hearn via bitcoin-dev <

> CLTV deployment is clearly controversial. Many developers other than me
> have noted that hard forks are cleaner, and have other desirable
> properties. I'm not the only one who sees a big question mark over soft
> forks.

No, that is not correct and you are distorting facts to fit your argument.
We have discussed the tradeoffs of each method in general, but that does
not make hard forks or soft forks controversial in an of itself.

There is technical consensus to roll out CLTV by ISM, and if somehow you
are right, it will come out during deployment in much the same way as your
recent attempt at rolling out a controversial hardfork.