[bitcoin-dev] Memory leaks?

Dave Scotese dscotese at litmocracy.com
Tue Oct 13 23:52:05 UTC 2015

{
"size" : 1085,
"bytes" : 16151768
}

It has been running about a day.  I'll report tomorrow too.  This is a
Windows 8.1 box.

16 million divided by 1085 transactions is almost 15Kb per transaction =
unlikely, right?

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 4:14 PM, Jonathan Toomim (Toomim Bros) <j at toom.im>
wrote:

> On Oct 13, 2015, at 3:49 PM, odinn <odinn.cyberguerrilla at riseup.net>
> wrote:
>
> Signed PGP part
> It would also help to know what operating system(s) you are
> using for both the oldie and the freshie.
>

> Linux feather 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt11-1+deb8u3
> (2015-08-04) x86_64 GNU/Linux
> Linux server 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.60-1+deb7u3 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> Linux prime 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.63-2+deb7u2 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> This excessive memory consumption was seen on 3 machines, all of which run
> Debian. All three machines run p2pool as well as bitcoind. Two run XT, one
> runs Core.
>
> You should compare this to having set up a node on a completely clean
> computer.
>

> I can't afford to do that. All of the servers I have are being used for
> something. Also, I'm not sure what it is you're trying to test for with
> that suggestion. The numbers I'm reporting are for bitcoind's resident set,
> not for the whole server's memory usage. I don't see how other processes
> running on the same machine are relevant unless you are suggesting that RPC
> calls (e.g. getblocktemplate) might be somehow responsible.
>
> Also, dump your XT, is poo.
>

> Not relevant. I addressed this message to both the Core and XT lists
> because the issue appears to affect both forks. Let's keep blocksize and
> governance debates to their own threads, please.
>
> Repeating request: Has anyone else seen something similar? Can you report
> your mempool size and total bitcoind resident set size for your running
> full nodes?
>
> --

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my value. Do you need a
techie?
I own Litmocracy <http://www.litmocracy.com> and Meme Racing
<http://www.memeracing.net> (in alpha).
I'm the webmaster for The Voluntaryist <http://www.voluntaryist.com> which
now accepts Bitcoin.
I also code for The Dollar Vigilante <http://dollarvigilante.com/>.
"He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules" - Satoshi
Nakamoto