[bitcoin-dev] Lightning Network's effect on miner fees

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 15:37:14 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Paul Sztorc via bitcoin-dev
> However, the two are also perfect compliments, as LN transactions cannot take place at all without periodic on-chain transactions.

Additionally, lightning network hot wallets are not an ideal place to
store large quantities of BTC and users that don't expect to be
actively using LN should in general prefer confirmed UTXOs for
long-term cold storage. So far the guess that I have seen floating
around is that LN usage will at first be restricted to very tiny
amounts of BTC in tiny hot wallets, since nobody is particularly
interested in running large hot wallets.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507