[bitcoin-dev] Mailing List Moderation Now Active.
rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Thu Oct 22 01:29:11 UTC 2015
We aim to make the list more contentful and productive; to get devs to
resubscribe we need to maximize high-value interactions.
- Currently 5 moderators. BtcDrak, me, G1lius, Kanzure and Johnathan.
As far as I know we're entirely unconnected, and we cover Asia/Europe/US.
- Moderation will last 3 months. Then we'll have an unmoderated on-list
discussion as to whether it should continue, or change.
- Appeals for/against moderation decisions should be directed to Jeff, who
will have final say. General moderation feedback just send to me.
- All rejected posts will be forwarded to a list for public viewing:
- Everyone starts moderated, and the mod bit gets cleared as they post.
It gets set again if someone notices or reports a violation.
- Moderation rules:
- No offensive posts, no personal attacks.
- Posts must concern the near-term development of the bitcoin core
code or bitcoin protocol.
- Posts must contribute to bitcoin development.
- Generally encouraged: patches, notification of pull requests, BIP
proposals, academic paper announcements. And discussions that follow.
- Generally discouraged: shower thoughts, wild speculation, jokes, +1s,
non-technical bitcoin issues, rehashing settled topics without new
data, moderation concerns.
- Detailed patch discussion generally better on the GitHub PR.
- Meta-discussion is better on bitcoin-discuss:
- We will make mistakes, we are human, so please be patient.
Your friendly moderators.
More information about the bitcoin-dev