[bitcoin-dev] Open Block Chain Licence, BIP[xxxx] Draft

hurricanewarn1 at aol.com hurricanewarn1 at aol.com
Tue Sep 1 23:39:43 UTC 2015

 The only reason someone would want to make a license is so they can sue/threaten people for not following the license rules. At best this is pointless since Bitcoin cannot be controlled, and at worst it will result in a group of people using coercion against the community to gain profits.

 There is no legal ground for anyone to make a Bitcoin license, it simply wouldn't stand in court. Not even the MIT license is valid or meaningful. But I wouldn't be surprised if people tried scaring people with a license even if they knew it was invalid.

    It's actually disgusting that you wrote what people are allowed and not allowed to do with Bitcoin. Pure centralization ideology. Maybe go work for the government and make regulations instead of trying to centralize one of the only de-centralized things left on the planet.