[bitcoin-dev] block size - pay with difficulty

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 14:40:37 UTC 2015

Expanding on pay-with-diff and volatility (closing comment),

Users and miners will have significant difficulty creating and/or
predicting a stable block size (and fee environment) with pay-with-diff
across the months.  The ability of businesses to plan is low.  Chaos and
unpredictability are bad in general for markets and systems.  Thus the
binary conclusion of "not get used" or "volatility"