[bitcoin-dev] BIP 100 specification

jl2012 at xbt.hk jl2012 at xbt.hk
Thu Sep 3 16:32:15 UTC 2015

1. I think there is no need to have resolution at byte level, while
resolution at MB level is not enough. kB would be a better choice.

2. In my specification a v4 block without a vote is invalid, so there is
no need to consider absent or invalid votes

3. We should allow miners to explicitly vote for the status quo, so they
don't need to change the coinbase vote every time the size is changed.
They may indicate it by /BV/ in the coinbase, and we should look for the
first "/BVd*/" instead of "/BVd+/"

4. Alternatively, miners may vote in different styles: /BV1234567/,
/BV1500K/, /BV3M/. The first one means 1.234567MB, the second one is
1.5MB, the last one is 3MB. The pattern is "/BV(\d+[KM]?)?/"

Tier Nolan via bitcoin-dev 於 2015-09-03 07:59 寫到: