[bitcoin-dev] RFC: HD Bitmessage address derivation based on BIP-43

Justus Ranvier justus at openbitcoinprivacyproject.org
Fri Sep 4 17:48:48 UTC 2015

On 09/03/2015 07:06 PM, Luke Dashjr via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> Since BIP 43 is still a draft, I propose modifying it to refer non-
> Bitcoin purpose codes to the SLIP repository:
>     https://doc.satoshilabs.com/slips/

What benefit is created by delegating the BIP-43 namespace management to
that company in particular?

BIP-43 as it is currently composed provides the convenient feature of
purpose codes matching the BIP number. Moving purpose codes to a
separate namespace add complexity to its usage for no discernible benefit.

--
Justus Ranvier
Open Bitcoin Privacy Project
justus at openbitcoinprivacyproject.org
E7AD 8215 8497 3673 6D9E 61C4 2A5F DA70 EAD9 E623